The Adventures Of An American Woman On An Organic Farm In Scotland

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

A lovely thistle!


It amazes me how many beautiful useful plants are dismissed as horrible "weeds." Here is a lovely shot of a bonnie thistle just ootside of the kitchen winow. I hope it comes back every year!

2 comments:

Distant Timbers Echo said...

I AGREE!

I wonder the same thing about the dandylion. Why is it a weed? Because we didn't Plant it? If there were a field full of dandylions, wouldn't they be considered wildflowers?

'Course, then come springtime, their fluff might fill the skies and make everyone sneeze... oh well.

Michelle Therese said...

I'm having a problem...I have a second Blog called My Orkney Wedding and whenever I post anything on The Walled Garden it ends up posted on My Orkney Wedding instead!!! So my thistle photos will have to be put on hold until I figure this oot...

Meanwhile you are welcome at my Orkney Wedding blog!