The Adventures Of An American Woman On An Organic Farm In Scotland

Friday, June 16, 2006

Goodbye Alaska! How I shall miss you...

But before I came here to marry my handsome farmer...I lived far far away in Alaska. (No I did not live in an igloo!!)
A common sight back home in Alaska. This is a very leggy young moose.

I attended the University of Alaska and I also volunteered as a firefighter/EMT. Note the lack of anything farm related. When I came here to Orkney I was utterly clueless... (This is my FAVORITE fire department picture because I *look* as if I'm all high and mighty talking with three Chief Officers...but in fact I'm asking them a question hehehehehe!)


This is the one-room cabin I rented just outside of Fairbanks. It had a big sleeping loft and it really wasn't a bad little place! Look - the cabin even had a porch! That's pretty fancy stuff for a college student...



Here you can see me and Erlend holding up the Alaskan Pipeline....


Seriously, I hate cameras. I always look like a doofus in photos! But anyway, my photo frustrations aside, this is a picture of me posing before a TRAINING FIRE. This was me a year ago, in Alaska, living a very very different life then what I'm living now. Don't get me wrong here - I'm very happy in Orkney! But wow...I have a LOT to learn about being a farm wife! A farm wife that... AVOIDS CAMERAS!


No comments: