The Adventures Of An American Woman On An Organic Farm In Scotland

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Of lanolin and wool...

I just came in from feeding my four remaining Wooly Ladies out in the Long Field. They are as affectionate as dogs - did you know that when sheep are happy they wag their tails??
Here are some of the Wooly Ladies outside with their adorable wee lambs.


The digital camera is starting to fail and seems to hate white objects. So I added the cartoon effect to help deal with the over-brightness.

Another shot of the flock before most of the Wooly Ladies were put up at the other farm.
A typical curious wee lamb!
This is Elsie, one of our pure Texel ewes.

2 comments:

Mrs. Anna T said...

Aww, these are so cute. I adore sheep! I love theirs 'baaa's' and how fluffy they seem...

Anonymous said...

Michelle,
They are adorable! I can see why you are so attached.
Keep up the good work! I love your blog, I check it daily to see if you've wrote anything.