The Adventures Of An American Woman On An Organic Farm In Scotland

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Lambs sent to market

Today was a sad day because we sent our first batch of lambs to the market. There were twin weathers (castrated males) who had become incredibly tame because their mother is Mathilda. They were like two wooly puppies that would follow me about and beg for pats and scratches. I felt dreadful as I patted them goodbye before they were sent off. But, alas! This is a farm and this is the reality of raising beef cattle and sheep.

Have a lovely day! God bless!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Awww...they aren't fluffy anymore
:(
Poor lambs...

Kaye :) said...

Hi CW,

I pray for peace around your house despite what comes against you.

I like that you are so open to share your heart. :)

Mrs. Anna T said...

:( Indeed, very sad. I can't even imagine getting attached to a cute animal, then sending it off... oh well that's life I guess.

Michelle Therese said...

The lambs wool is short for the first year. I'll have to get a picture of the ewe lambs we keep - and then another one when all of their wool grows! I was just out in the field feeding them grain and my Texel ewe lamb is still tame. I've named her Inga. GOD BLESS!